Originally Posted By: Bill Webb
Dare I ask Cam, how did he give you a bit of a problem? And what made him go away disgruntled?

Did you try to give him a hotdog without a night crawler attached?

Bill

Well Bill, it's like this. The pond was icky from the wind blowing every bit of anything right over to where I feed so I couldn't see very well to begin with. The bass and the larger bluegill were mostly hanging back a ways as the pond is just inches deep now where I feed. Everyone was half spooked as there were birds flying over from time to time and the wind was up. I was antsy over all that and the fish were too. Meanandlean and a buddy he brought with him were right up front making pitiful faces. I was feeding him hotdog worms but he started to look all crafty like and then realized those weren't REAL worms at all... The little creep quit on me and the water was littered with fake worms. By that time all the other bass had been fed and left and I was just hanging out for about an hour I guess looking at the pond and making mean faces back at Meanandlean. Meanandlean was busy sitting right at the bank training his buddy in the fine art of pitiful starving face making while a plentitude of bluegill swam around them... I was a bit upset at them both and started throwing chunks of hotdogs all around the little creeps (and at them if the truth be known). Of course Meanandlean you can hit right on the ole noggin with a hotdog and he won't even flinch. I thought at least it would make the bluegill get right in his face and he might take one. Well, the bluegill swim around him anyway but don't normally go too awfully close to his mouth. I kept this up for awhile and lo and behold if ole bonehead didn't take a chunk of hotdog! He took three chunks in all, gave me a dirty look, then turned around, swished his tail at me in an ugly way and swam off to the depths... I feel I've won a major battle and he's on his way to eating. I think I'll start putting commercial fish food inside chunks of hotdogs... I still have a long battle to go but I'm determined to win. I wonder if he'll show today - it's time for me to go down there now. They will be waiting - the monsters...

You'll find me at the pond.
http://downatthebasspond.blogspot.com/