Originally Posted By: Bill Webb
Thanks about the instructions on posting.

Well best of luck Cam. It dosn't sound too bad. I don't know what clarity you want but it probably wouldn't be good to have it too clear. It isn't soupy or anything is it? Do you have lots of ducks or geese?

What is the reason you think you don't have enough DO? I think Theo is right start a post and give lots of information about your pond.

I'd give it a few weeks before I gave up on the pellets, and you're doing real well getting Meanandlean to eat hotdogs. BTW when I was in the Army we had to yell over and over we were mean green lean fighting machines. I bet he is green. Maybe you should add another word to his name.

Good luck,

Bill

No ducks or geese Bill. My pond is fed by a lot of run off though and maybe it;s getting too much fertilization that way? Seems too green and most of the time the clarity is inches. The last years it was probably only a couple of inches. Now it isn't bad but we haven't had the rain and it's real shallow. It's turning a bit brownish on one end.

I think I probably don't have enough DO just because of how the pond is shaped, no water running thru at all this year, shrinkage of the surface and the past years fish kill with much more surface area and more water. Anyway I took it over to aeration.

If you were a lean mean green fighting machine I guess you were long gone before they switched to camo. I guess they are lean, mean,invisible fighting machines now?

Cam

You'll find me at the pond.
http://downatthebasspond.blogspot.com/