Bassponder, I don't think you are crazy but I read your posts to my wife and our bellies and jaws are still hurting from laughing so hard. I wish my wife took so good of care of me as you do your fish. (I just read this to my wife and now I am in trouble, she just mumbled something about going outside and getting me some grasshoppers.)

How large is your pond? I know the feeling of the effects of a bad drought, this is the first year in several we have had a normal rain fall.

About the feed. My spoiled tom cat loves it when I feed him tuna and salmon and sniffs and sticks his tail up in the air and walks away when he is returned to dry cat food, but when he gets hungry enough he will eat it. (And that's good because when you can eat real good tasting food all the time you get fat like me) I think the other posts are right don't feed them other things for a while and eventually they will eat the dry stuff.

NEDOC on this site has started feeding a Purina largemought food to his fish. He said it took a long time for the lmb to take it but they have started now, and they weren't trained as babies to eat it. You may want to search for a string of posts with aquax largemouth bass food in it.

You must be such a nice lady. Most peoples partial solution to feeding your catfish and turtles would be to shoot the turtles and let the catfish eat them. That is what I do. As far as the snakes I leave the non-poisonous ones alone, but even though I dont intervene I think the catfish on their own pretty uses the same solution on them if they arent too big. In fact I would think Mr. Meanandlean would find a small snake as a tasety snack.

Good to have you here, keep the posts coming!

Best luck,

Bill

I wish I had the tenacity of GSF!