Thanks everyone what you said was real reassuring to me. As I said I am scheduled to pick up 20 1 lb + F-1's Oct. 6 along with 50 6"+ CNBG but I think I have changed my mind, I am going to get 75 6"+ CNBG and need to email Overton's about the change.

I have tried to seine the GSF and they are almost a consistent size, about the size of a silver dollar not counting fins that would overhang the silver dollar. I let them die then throw them back in the next day for fish food. I only have two places each about 75 feet long that I can seine because in most of the pond it is too steep a drop off there another place about a 125 feet but I have so much brush extending from shallow out into deep water I couldn't seine there. So the of the two places I could seine I am two lazy to walk to one plus the brushy place attaches to the too lazy to walk to place, and there are holes in the brush and those two places that are connected is where I am going to put pea gravel nest sites plus in some flat ledges here and there where around them there are steep drop off's, in fact that is my project today.

Anyway it does't make any difference. I can seine the one place and get about 15 to 25 GSF (the size of a silver dollar, sometimes a few 4 or 5 inch what looks like BG BG's and thousands of FH's) in 15 or twenty minuets. I can do this day after day. I might have to wait 10 mins or so to let the ones I didn't get come back since I going back and forth over the same place, but I could do it all day. I don't think I could ever make a dent by seining. But they seem to be a nice bite size for for one pound + large mouths. Any way I think there should be at least 200 plus pounds of them (of course I am guessing) which is enough to grow the F-1's next year, plus I will have a new blue gill crop from the large CNBG's I am stocking and plan to feed them. Incidently, now and then when fishing for CC in a spot where shallows, ledges, channels and drop off's all converge I catch either some of the original HBG's or just big BG's that are 8" or better, but catching them is a rare treat. My son caught a couple about a month ago and threw them back in because he didn't want to clean them and he caught them while trying for CC.

And Jeff, lol, I am a CPA, and "bean counters understand lots of things we pull our hair trying to explain to non-bean counters ~smiles~! But this is different! But lots more fun than accounting! It helps having a place to get information and I see that this is going to be a never ending thing, next year I will be worring about if there is enough forage for the bass, and if I have any bass fry I need to worry about having enough forage for in the future. I am looking forward to that problem!

I am already wondering should I take out any of the 20 F-1's I am stocking this fall next year or leave them alone.

Also, are the F-1's a true breed. For example some mixed cattle are just mixes that will have calves that might have charteristics of their parents or parents parents. But sometimes a new breed is formed and the offspring will continue the charateristics of the new breed and not revert back. What will happen to my F-1 offspring?

I realize it is time consuming to post these replies and you all don't how much I appreciate your comments.

Bill

I wish I had the tenacity of GSF!