I wish I had known about this forum when I first stocked my pond. I have a lot of GSF from stocking HBG that was recommended by the hatchery I relied for advise. In fact I was led to believe that they would revert back to BG. There were a lot of other wrong things they told me. But the past is the past.

I have an one acre pond. I am going to stock 50 adult CNBG this fall, in the spring will they mix with the GSF? I hope not, but I'd be better off knowing what I am dealing with than not. Draining my pond isn't an option for me. I'd rather just try to manage the problem even if it takes years to get where I want to be. I also have no bass now just some stunted BG, very big fat and happy CC, and lots of really stunted GSF, and thick swarms of FH. The swarms of FH's are probably due to too little for the CC's and too big for the little BG and GSF, and mounds of brush piles and nesting places I have prepared for them and keeping the water fertilized. I also plan on stocking 20 or so 1 lb F-1's this fall and this fall next spring they will probably have plenty of forage, but I need to start thinking now about the second and third year.

So back to my original question. When I stock the CNBG can I count on getting CNBG fry or HBG, or some of each?

Been reading lots of links from here, some very good ones from just general searchs on the internet. I was really surprised how many links from yahoo and google searchs took me back to Pond Boss.

Well I read getting a balance is science and art. I'm trying to learn some of the science instead of blindly taking someones word, learning the art will I guess never end but hopefully I can make some slow results over the next few years.

I had about given up with the results I was getting, including the effects of a three year severe drought I hope we are over. When I found this forum it gave me some motivation to try again.

BTW my goals aren't to produce trophy LMB or BG but good size BG and pan size bass, over 1lb and 3lb or more would be a thrill.

Any comments would help but I especially want to know if my new CNBG will spawn with the GSF. It seems that my next step would be getting a healthy and decent sized BG population. I hope the F-1's will help the CC's to reduce the hundreds or thousands of half dollar size GSF I have.

I wish I had the tenacity of GSF!