Thanks for the test kit info. My pond clarity is getting worse by the day and I do so enjoy being able to see my fish.

I read the post you directed me to about the test kits and I'll be looking for the LaMotte aquaculture kit AQ-2 on line. In the meantime I am going to assume I'll have a fish kill this year. The pond is extremely low (down probably more than 2 foot) and when the weather really changes I suppose the pond will have it's big turn over. I have no aeration system and I guess it's a bit late for that anyway. One thing I'm gathering (and please correct me if I'm reading the old aeration posts wrong) is that the only real way to put air down in the pond is through agitation of some sort (like a paddlewheel or something?). The bubblers just move the water around basically so you don't have the dead space? (Too late for me I have plenty of dead space) I've read here and there about a few university studies and they basically said the same thing. At this point I don't really know what to do to avoid a fish kill this year. I spoke to one woman somewhere that took a motor off her boat and somehow mounted it on her dock and would let it run so long per day. Guess it worked for her. Any ideas?

You'll find me at the pond.
http://downatthebasspond.blogspot.com/