Thanks guys! I believe the engineer disagreees with the NRCS. He is as optimistic as I am, but it comes down to the amount of sand and gravel in the side. About 3 months ago I had the engineers assistant go in and dig a couple of holes with the backhoe. I havn't really kept an eye on them this summer, but I checked them yesterday and today and to my surprise one was holding around 18" and another 8". My son and I played with the material that had come out of the holes, and the material in one was like modeling clay. In another, the material was a grittier, but was still able to shape. As Rick questioned, there are no easements and no real worry about adjoining property. The soil engineer who did the analysis was really surprised by the NRCS. He really thinks the site can work. His analysis included dam design as far as slopes, clay keyway, 300' clay blanket, etc. The civil engineer has designed the spillway. Plus, I've had the trees that need to come out marked by a forestry manager. I don't know if I should do more backhoe holes to get a better visual, have a driller come in???????? It just seems so close. Noone will probably give a guarantee, but I have to have something more in my heart before dumping out $$$$$$$$.

Last edited by B Relan; 09/03/07 08:11 PM.