Last night I had the pleasure, nay, the privilege and honor of sitting in front of a gentleman (For the first two quarters, with my right ear approximately 6 inches from his perpetually open mouth. I made a slight seating improvement at halftime.) who must be simply the most intelligent, most informed person to ever watch a football game in the history of the sport. Whatever the play, he knew it all, and what's more, he shared it unselfishly with the rest of us in the stands. Thanks to this helpful man, I now know:

1) Holding should not be called against your team if the player lets go after a little while,
2) That pass was complete since the receiver was only a little out of bounds,
3) It was an unbelievable (word used descriptively over 40 times) play, game, call, etc., and
4) The officiating crew must have done some serious on-line study of the rules during halftime, since they were completely wrong calling holding against our team on four straight plays in the 2nd quarter, but completely correct calling offsides three straight times against the opposing team in the 3rd.

I am at quite a quandary as to whether this gentleman should have been serving as the play-by-play announcer, the head referee, or our head coach, since his 90 decibel position on each aspect of the game was invariably at odds with each of those individuals. Trying to figure it out had me chuckling most of the game. Possibly the only game-related job he would not qualify for would be photographer, since he didn't manage to figure out how to use his own camera during the course of four quarters and halftime.

BTW, we won 34-10 and the band played wonderfully. Next week we play the semi-pro team owned by Victoria's Secret magnate Les Wexner. I can't wait to see their uniforms!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]