I have a site 15-20 acres in beautiful rolling wooded hills that I am trying to dam up. I have civil and soil engineers and NRCS help. I have done an intensive soil survey. Result: Everyone agrees the dam will hold. The NRCS says that due to the sandy nature of some of the sides of the pond that the water will just escape there. Does anyone have similar experiences that they have worked out? The dam itself would be 25ft high with a 20ft water depth which just increases any expense dramatically. The size of the lake itself would be 15-20 acres. There is a large knoll at the top of the site which would be excavated to build the dam, and get the lake to this size. This material is solid clay, perfect for the dam. In areas around the site theres good silty clay with places of clayey sandy gravel. The land itself is in Louisiana. There is an 8, 30, and 190 acre lake between 1 and 5 miles away. I am looking for a minimum of 15 acres because of what I've read about needing this surface area to get a healthy population of bass and crappie(sac a lait). I have put alot of time and $ into this and I feel like I am no closer. ALL input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS.