I'm about 99.9% sure that I learned, from this forum, I believe it was from Bob Lusk, that the critical water temp for a massive Shad dieoff, was 42 degrees.

Well now, my concern is specifically for Clear Lk. California, which is normally pretty cold this time of year anyway..... However, after a week of the coldest weather in close to 10 years, our surface temp has dropped to 40 degrees yesterday morning, and 43 last evening !
I understand that the water down deeper might be a few degrees warmer, but we have at least three more nights in the upper teens, to low 20's to go !

Please keep in mind, that 9 years ago, during the last major cold front, we did in fact, have a HUGE Shad dyoff ! Personally, I feel like it's VERY possible, if not totally likely, that we are fixing to have another massive dyoff now ! But the majority of the people I talk to don't seem to understand the seriousness of the situation, and / or they don't think it will be an almost complete kill.... like somebody hit a light switch (even though it was exactly that way 9 years ago).

So, I guess what I'm trying to confirm, is that 42 degrees is the "light switch" number. Are there any other contributing factors ? Water pH, disolved oxygen, etc ?

Is this the right forum section ? Or should I copy and past this to another section, as well ?

Thank you very much,
Fish Chris

Fish on ! ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZZZZ