Joey - thanks for getting this thread started. I have been trying to reduce my YP population some but am sometimes frustrated by lack of good bait. I thought about raising worms and you have shown me the way!
I was thinking of putting the peat moss into a used 5-gallon plastic (drywall mud) pail. Drill some 1/2" holes in the lid for aeration. What d'ya think?
I see yer buddy in MO sells as little as 1 lb. for $27 including the shipping. Should be enough to start my worm farm, yes?

Also - another newbie question. I went out for an hour yesterday using some admittidly small worms. Caught only 3 yellow perch and 2 BG. I am not very experienced at fishing and am not familiar with changes as the water gets colder. The water was 44 F yesterday. Do the fish bite less/not at all as the water gets colder and their metabolism slows down?

Will I have trouble removing more of the YP yet this fall? I am thinking it will be many weeks before my worm farm starts to produce the bait I need. FWIW finding bait store that is open when I can get there has been increasingly difficult - mostly due to long hours at work.

2/3 acre pond 12 miles from that big pond we call Lake Erie.