Actually, I have a little time right now to sneak in a post.

The plan is to put large male BG in #2 by hand selection (8inch+ when they go in).

The LMB in this pond will be the feed trained bass only (no Florida genetics).

I may be way off here, but once a BG reaches a pound, I just don't see a feed trained bass eating the thing. These feed trained bass have very small mouths in relation to their size...very small. To be honest, their mouth size to body size ratio is more like a smallmouth bass. I don't think the old rule that they can eat something half their length will apply here...I'm guessing this ratio would be substantially reduced...maybe 1/3 of their length?? If it were 1/3 - it would take a 24 inch feed trained to eat an 8inch CNBG.

I've also been told not to expect more than 7lb top end out of the feedtrained bass. I was told that their lifespan is shortened by the feeding and rapid growth (not to mention a shorter base lifespan for the northern strain anyway) and the genetics are just not there to produce bigger fish. Anyone else have any info that runs counter to this?

To answer an earlier question from Bruce - the creek does have other fish in it...that is a problem I am trying to figure out how to tackle and is one of my biggest concerns at the moment. Pond #1 got some trash fish in when it was filled in the spring and they are already making beds...yuck.

To answer one other previous question...the club pond is 25 miles from my property...so that's why it is not on the topo map illustration.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau