There is so much in this topic its hard to know where to start. Jeff as Bruce knows I am a big fan of his work with single sex fisheries. The concept is solid as it applies to genetic selection and produces some really outstanding fish.

I do feel a bit of info is needed about your application. Bruce's all male BG approach is based on the principle that the BG will be fed to satiation by pellets and natural forage and the only predator of the BG will be man. I assume you do not intend on using the pond as a growout pond for LMB (large 8+ in BG and small 12in LMB at which point the LMB will be removed). If so then your intended application will not follow Bruce's approach. The reason is your feed trained LMB will not stay entirely on pellets and will start eating BG. Also the LMB will reproduce and those fish will at best be only partially feed trained through conditioning and competition. You could have a put and take BG/LMB pond by the use of single sex male BG and female LMB , both feed trained and add another forage species GShiners , shad , tilapia to fill the gap. Don't use any lepomis as the second forage source or you may get crosses mixed in with your BG. If I have interpreted something wrong about your plans let me know. Interesting projects !!

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you some long term LMB growth info you need to read.