B-ski, sorry for the late response I just ran across your post. Have you had a chance to use the floor plan software yet? I purchased Punch professional Home design suite about 5 years ago. I see they have more upgraded packages these days. They appear to be the same as the one you have mentioned. The one I have has landscape design included. I didn't find much use for it because of it's limitations but it is defiantly a good tool to start your basic floor plan. If you have enough time you can create the entire interior and then render a 3d photo of it. The landscape package allows you to lay out a plan view and pick out the species of plants and pick the age of plants you want. You can actually see what it would look like when planted, then 10 years down the road.

http://www.punchsoftware.com/full_store.html

I don't use it for doing real jobs but its fun to play with. I'm a mechanical guy so even the cad programs I use want compare to the architectural programs that Architects use for residential design. Another words I have to do extra hand work that is automated in the architectural programs.
Have fun with it.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................