The stain is Mason's Select Wood Perfect Series Semi-Transparent Coating, 6703 Redwood. Our first shipment was from a local lumber yard. They needed eight weeks to get it. Then we ran out, so I had to get it quick. I went on line to an internet paint store and bought another 5-gallons. Then I needed one more gallon and found that Sherwin Willilams could get it, but only four cans at a time.

It is expensive. I think we used six or seven, five-gallon buckets. We chose to stain it ourselves because our builder said it was almost twice as expensive with a factory finish. I didn't ask for proof but wanted to after we started the project. It takes a while to get into a rhythm. We would spray four at a time, then lay them out on the barn floor, then repeat until the entire first and second floors of the barn were covered. Then we would give it a day to dry and put the second coat on.

I would check the price of pre-finished first, calculate how much stain you will need to buy, and then decide. If you do calculate it, don't tell me I wasted my time, OK? It really sucked and my wife will kill me.

We have three one-gallon cans left if you are interested. The one-gallon cans were $30 each, but I can make some sort of PB deal.

The caulking is OSI ProSeries VOC window, siding, and roof sealant. Color: Rustic Red