We have quite the diverse collection of pondmeisters, with an equally diverse collection of private waters. The contributions come in from all across North America. Heck, ol' Rad checks in with his magnificent project in Thailand.
So, as I grow through the challenges and rewards of becoming a pondmeister, I continue to look forward. Yes, the vision of a pristine pond setting is coming into focus, but the dream reaches further to the next major goal; human habitat.
Make no mistake, I am definitely not financially equipped to take this substantial step right now, but when the time does come to pull the trigger, I want to have spent countless hours fine-tuning my dream. I've said it before, and I doubt that I'm alone when I say "God willing and my loan officer willing, we will continue to chase this dream". For us, this dream is the pond and woods with a comfortable, somewhat modest weekend retreat that will ultimately serve us as a retirement crib.
OK, so why the ramble? I want to share the current version of Brettski and Donna-ski's dream. It is barely in it's infancy, and I expect it will change over time, but it's a start. Perhaps more important, I want the rest of my comrades on the PB forum to share not only their dream, but even their reality. Those of you in the dream state, show me what YOU think works great with your pond. Throw me a few other opinions from which to draw another point of view. Those of you that have awakened and realized the dream has come true already, show me those magical human habitat charms. I want to see the big stuff and the little stuff. I want to see all the ideas. I recall a thread or two that kind of morph'd to human habitat, but they were focused more on "show me your pond". Yep, I wanna see your pond, but this thread is meant to show me your "human structure" as it relates to your pond.
Tree houses, gazebos, cabins, vacation homes, and magnificent estate homes...go ahead, let us all enjoy your creativity in dreaming and your accomplishments as they exist. Share some cool ideas and help to stimulate the rest of us just entering the REM state.
-
-
This is a stock Garlinghouse plan. Although it needs a tweak and a stretch, I like the simplicity of construction and awesome presentation overlooking a pond.
(dump the playhouse and the greenhouse)

-

-

-