eddie_walker - I agree on the AC/DC welder for repair work. The MIG welder is useful when working with new clean metal and thin sheet and tubing.

When I was a young pup, I would have built the barge on the floor. Now that I have some age on me, I like working on stuff at waste level or so. Live and learn.

D. Helms – My Dad first taught me welding (He owned a Machine Shop) when I was 9 years old. AC/DC stick welders were all that we had in those days.

I first used a MIG welder in a production environment during summer break (1970). That was welding a one inch long bead on a bracket for animal cages. I don’t know how many thousand of those I made that summer, but it was so boring I was excited to get back to college! Until this project, I had not used a MIG welder since that summer.

The polarity is set correctly. I’m not really having a problem. it is just that the stick welder bead is just prettier in my view. Thanks for the tips, though.

Ryan Freeze - I will be picking up a regulator and a tank of 75/25. I like the analogy of the “tiny infinitely long stick electrode”. \:\)

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather