Brettski -

Quote:
midwest brainstormer's trap
They need an eBay ReHab Center to teach us how to avoid these traps! :p

Russ -

Quote:
What are you going to use for decking material? Have you had any prior experience with Durabak?
I used that treated laminate that they build wood basements out of for a trailer bed. After 20 years, it is still undaunted by the weather. With that proven record, I am planning on using that for the barge decking.

I have seen Durabak used in pickup beds and trailer beds that have had some rough use. It is tough stuff.

ewest –

Quote:
Dwight we have a barge (no ramp) much like your pic but with 2x8. Same size. It is very heavy. We can not take it out of the water but that is not a problem for us. We use it for an anchored swim platform out from the pier and as a work barge powered by paddles or trolling motor. Works great for many tasks. Will the ice effect yours or do you plan to pull it out?
The circulator/aerator from the “Slave Dog” post will be used to keep it in open water during the winter. The float manufacturer also says the floats are unaffected by being frozen into the ice. I tend to believe that claim since there are a lot of floating docks and fishing piers around here that are frozen in all winter with no apparent negative affect. In any case, I will be using the circulator to keep her in open water.

rockytopper -

Quote:
Dwight forgive my ignorance I didn't realize it was mobile. Sweet. Please send pic's of the cressoning. On this forum bottled beer is acceptable.
Beer is in the Beer Fridge, though I imagine there will be a few rotated in and out of there before we get to christening day! ;\)

Jeffhasapond -

Quote:
Wow Dwight, great workshop! Two welding rigs, a huge air compressor, hand tools a plenty on peg board no less, a lap top computer, the requisite "box o rags", a fridge. Dang if I lived near you I'd come over to help you with projects just for the right to hang out in your workshop!
Thanks, Jeff.

The shop is 30 years old this year. My friend Tom and I built it and as a first construction project it has a few flaws. It is still standing and fully usable, so I guess we did ok.

Many of the hand tools date back 40 years. Buy high quality tools and with a little care, they will be friends for life!

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather