rockytopper – The barge itself can be parked lengthwise or as it is in the diagram.

The ramp is really just a small dock that the barge ties off to when not in use for fishing, hauling stuff around the pond, or just cruising for relaxation. Think of the barge as a sort of pontoon boat. It will have a trolling motor and fishing seats etc.

Brettski – Good comment on open tubing ends being bad news. That is a lesson I learned early on when I worked for my Dad at his machine shop many moons ago.

The diagonal and the ramp itself will be hinged to follow the water level. I plan on them being hinged on the same horizontal and vertical plane so that adjustments of the diagonal shouldn’t be needed. I do have a ball type mount in mind for where the diagonal attaches to the ramp, just in case.

I considered a used pontoon with modifications as well. I wanted to be closer to the water then any pontoon I looked at. That is why I went with the 12 inch high floats instead of something taller.

Your “double take” is further evidence of the “great minds think a like” theory. ;\)

Theo Gallus – DMD, Diet Mogan David?

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather