I have a client who has enough money to build a boat house on the lake that will not be on wooden piers. His goal is to build it right the first time, and know that when his kids are grown, they will be able to spend time there with thier kids.

I can get wood piers sunk into the lake in any arragement I want. That's easy, but it's not what he wants.

We've discussed galvenized steel pipe and having the company that sets the wood piers install them, but don't know how long they will last. Can a guy buy large, heavy duty aluminum poles?

He's looked into fiberglass poles, but isn't sure of there strength, and I don't have a clue about them. Concrete is my first and favorite idea, but I'm unsure of how to do it.

One idea is to have some ten or 12 inch PVC pipe set into the floor of the lake. I don't know if the wood pier guys can put PVC pipe into the floor of lake deep enough to be effective. I don't know if I can pour concrete in the pipe so that it's solid and there are no gaps that will allow the rebar to rust out on me.

Cement pilings should do it, but getting them and installing them in way beyound anything I can figure out how to accomplish.

We're in the early stages of discussing this. I'm remodeling his offices and building a custom house for a different client right now, so it's not gonna happen for at least three or four months. I'm just seeing if it's something I can do, or get done.

Thanks,
Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.