Actually it's not just fish that love them bobad, reptiles and birds are big fans of BSF larvae. If you do a search for "phoenix worms" you'll find sites geared toward reptiles and other exotic pets. Here are links to a few sites that sell the larvae and give good descriptions of them and how to store them. (Check out the $!)

http://www.wormman.com/pd_phoenix.cfm

http://www.premiumcrickets.com/Phoenix-Worms_31.html

I will definitely keep raising the larvae, for Mr H's fish now, and for my own when my pond is ready.

As far as training fish to take them, nature has already done it. I've tested them as bait and got a hit on every larva. The problem I ran into was the relatively small size of the maggots, and they seemed to stop moving when hooked. I'll be doing more research into use as bait eventually. The little reading I did indicated that maggots are a traditional bait in some areas and for certain fish species.

Until the last couple of days I didn't have ramps set up to take advantage of the BSF instinct to leave the mass when ready to pupate. This creates the self-harvesting advantage with BSF. Up to this point I have manually harvested mid-stage larvae which are very active and light in color. At this stage the larvae are highly visible when tossed into the water as they float and move a lot. Fish are attracted immediately. Now that I'm harvesting the final stage (instar) larvae I'm curious about any differences. At this stage the larvae are almost black and don't seem to be nearly as active. My guess is that fish will still target them, but maybe not as aggressively. I've only collected 4 final stage larvae as of today, but soon there will be more.

I've been feeding the corralled Goggle-eyes (WM) BSFL every day and they can eat a dozen easily, even at their current small size. The ones that have been in the corral the longest are fairly casual about eating them, but the recently added WM come out of the water hitting them.

Here's a video of the caged WM feeding on BSF.