TyW33,
There is not a constant flow of water, right now there is nothing flowing. I have only had the land for a few weeks, but it looks to me like water only flows in these areas after it rains or the snow melt in spring. There are two main areas that are washed out like a small creek bed. They start at the two culverts from under the road to the north. They seem to flow south and east to a larger culvert that goes under the highway on the east edge of my property. The large culvert is just south of my initial proposed pond and just north of the driveway. The water that flows through that culvert under the highway eventually meets up to the east of my property with the creek that flows through the south part of my property. I don't know for sure but it does not seem that the water goes undergroud anywhere in that course as I can see gully or small dry creek beds along most of it. My concern with these areas is that we get a big rain and the large amount of water coming through them could destroy the pond. In my area the USDA handbook recommends about 28 acres of watershed for a pond of this size and from my new calculations I believe I have 75 to 80 acres of watershed. I assume this could be a bad situation.
The excavator is suppose to be coming out soon to dig test holes checking for sand viens. Apparently they have run into them on other projects in my area.
Thanks for the input!