Quote:
Originally posted by Poseidon:
I look at the hunting thing from the deers perspective. They have a right to walk around in their home without being shot at. I can only imagine the pain of having an arrow through the chest, or a bullet hole through the neck, and trying to run away until you bleed to death. I am sure that after a few kills, you get numb to this. I just can't.

By the way, it looks like I'm the only one on PondBoss with this opinion. Is there not ONE other person on my side? Or are you just too smart to speak up? \:\)
I feel 99% the same way as you.

The way I see it, If you don't feel sorrow and empathy for the deer, you have no right to harvest it. I think every true sportsman feels a little remorse, guilt, pain, or whatever for his game. If he doesn't, he doesn't, he shouldn't be trusted with a rifle.

The deer (or insert any game species here) have evolved the way they are because of predation pressure. If they are not predated, their muscles will become flabby; their senses dulled. Since there are few predators, we are doing prey species a favor by hunting.

Yes, I know that sounds like spin to justify the horrible sport of hunting. But the facts are, we are hunters, and the deer are prey species. We didn't make it so. It has always been so. It's not our place to change it.