Wow...guess this post's been ridden seven different ways.

I've told my buddies that I don't care if I ever kill another deer. I go because, well, I always have and it's a couple of days each year that the 4 (rarely, 5) of us get together, eat breakfast, tell lies, bitch, moan and laugh.

The landowner's father is the closest thing to a dad I've ever had. His brother is a great guy, too, but they're 65 & 67. Not sure how much longer they'll keep at it, but, if necessary, I'll push their wheelchairs to a blind and put the shotguns to their shoulders.

My brother and I don't hang out, much, except during this time of the year. It's more about everything else, except the killing. This year, I was the lucky one, but each year I always hope ol man Redlinger and Gene get the big ones.

I can understand the watching part, because that's what I do 11 months and 29 days the rest of the year.

Poseidon and others...I respect your opinions and know you respect mine as well. My wife is of the same ilk. I've asked her to go, and told her I'd give up these days with "the guys" and concentrate on getting her a deer...she'll have none of it. Course, that doesn't stop her and the daughters from eating all my jerky. \:D

In a lifetime, the average driver will honk 15,250 times. My wife figures I'm due to die any day now...