I'm gonna start collecting the required junk to create structure/habitat. If things go right, I'll be done pushin' dirt at the end of the summer....I want to be ready to do the bottom stuff before it gets wet. I plan on using a few different types of structure. My focus on this thread is tire habitat.
I reached out to a local tire guy that gets into "larger than automotive" work. I called him today, told him my plans, and asked him if he would like to off-load used tires instead of paying to cart 'em off....positive response. His first question to me was "what are lookin' for, truck tires or earth mover tires?" I only have a Dakota PU with a 5K# 6.5' x 16' utility trailer, so I told him that truck tires are probably the goal.
I gotta move these things to the project; more than a couple of miles. Should I take him up on some the monster tires or just work with stax of the truck tires? I haven't really decided on the fish blend yet, but I see myself heading for the standard BG-LMB-CC mix. Does anybody see pluses or minuses for tire size?