Just got back Saturday at 1 A.M. from a 15 hour drive back from the fish hatchery where I picked up 100 Canadian brook trout near Bayfield, WI. Man what a drive! Hopefully I can hatch my own in the future and preclude the long hauls.

No challenges from law enforcement but a friend in the aquaculture business says he's not suprised even if I had been spotted with a fish hauling tank. He says the states don't like to enforce federal laws. Kind of a rivalry with the states wanting the feds to mind their own business. I found that interesting.

One source tells me after meetings in D.C. today and tomorrow this thing may be dropped. Others I talk to say the it will last into at least spring. I'm hoping for good news after tomorrow! This thing is not backed by good science and smacks of politics. There really isn't a concern for our fisheries. If there was they would have done something about the ballast water coming into the Great Lakes a long time ago. That's where our exotic pathogens and animals are came from i.e. zebra mussels.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.