Quote:
Originally posted by bz:
Cecil, you are correct that the minnow biz in MN will take the hit. Despite the statute that alows importing fish it never happens so no hit there. I've tried. The hoops required to certify disease free are impossible to jump through and I don't believe anyone has ever successfully done it. When I tried I worked with the only MN DNR fish pathologist he couldn't even decide what needed to be done in order to satisfy himself so he could issue a permit.
BZ,

I know what you're talking about. I jump through those hoops every year. However your state has a reputation of being gestapo-like on fish importation.

I can't complain as my state officials are strict but they are consistent. And although I don't always agree with their protocols they aren't bad eggs. They are allowing me to bring in brook trout in a few days because they are not on the restricted species list. They could have just said no. I did get an ominus warning though... make sure all my papers are in line as I may get stopped. Law enforcment has been told to be on the lookout for fish haulers. Wow an adventure behind enemy lines!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.