Shorty, cool, I know there are some big ones out there, they are hard to find, and smart too, or they wouldn't get that big. Here in SW Missouri where I live there are very few big bucks any more. If you find one that has 8 points and 12-14 inches tall your lucky. They have started to put a limit on the # of bucks taken and they have to have at least 4 points. We used to have a large number of deer here on our place untill a coyote pen was put in, then the owner of the pen killed every deer around for fear of it getting into his precious pen. Hubby has one 10 point deer that went into Mo. Bug Bucks. That was back in the Mid 80's. Since then he has had a hard time finding any thing that has much of a rack. I'm glad to hear yopur wife was hunter enough to not take a bad shot, that is one thing my hubby taught our boys, "if you can't take it down in one shot don't shoot" course we all know there are exceptions to that but basically not to shoot inless you have a "good" shot. They are all getting ready for deer season here now, and the muzzle loader shoot as well. Well better shut up now.

Chris