Salt, Yes, I would think that you would have seen some CC by now. I wonder what the size of a LMB would have to be to consume a 10-12" CC? It may be possible that your (and my) CC were eaten by LMB.

I enjoy watching the heron or herons at my pond, but rest assured that if I saw them pulling that kind of stuff, it would be war. I wonder if the coastal blue herons are more aggressive by nature. Does this blue heron take flight at your presence? Or did he used to take flight at your presence, I should say.

My fish guy has been offering albino CC's to me for a few years now. I've always turned him down because I prefer a natural look to my pond and it's inhabitants. However, when the fish truck shows up, I frequently make shotgun decisions. For this particular time, he had these really big albino CCs, and I was feeling a little dismayed at not having ever seen any of the channel cats that I'd previously stocked (ps: this is great self-rationalization on my part). I only saw them the day of the stocking, but they did look pretty cool.

My fish guy is from near Harrisburg, PA, so I'm sure you could connect with him if you need something. I can PM you his contact info.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."