This report is a couple of days early but there is a cold front approaching this evening and as a result, the fish were very active in all the ponds. Here is the update for May:

The aggressiveness test resulted in the following readings: TGG=65, CNBG=35, native BG=15.
I used a small grass shrimp/baby crawfish imitation fly. For those of you who fly fish, I tie this fly with tan fly fur, flashabou, and black bead chain eyes back close to the hook bend.

The TGG = 65 is about as high a reading as this test will see...in fact, it is the highest reading I've ever experienced on BG on a fly rod. This isn't feeder fishing either, where one can expect a hit every cast right next to the artificial feeder. This is open pond fishing. Three TGG caught, seven hits in 10 casts. The three fish were each approaching 8 inches with one of them a solid 8 inches and very good girth. There is a definite trend developing...the TGG are meat eaters, not bug eaters. This may explain their rapid growth, in part. I intend to use a Miss Prissy for the next test and expect the TGG to drop way back on the score...but we will see.

I didn't have my digital camera (on loan) so I will not use the lengths in the data table this month (there will be no recorded data without pictures to prove the data). I will update the table, however, with the aggressiveness test results. Next update will be around the first of June. I expect to record the first official TGG fish at or above 8 inches at that time (and will have the camera next time to document the catch).

Stay tuned. The summer should get real interesting. \:\)