Thanks again ewest and Theo. I printed out the images of male and female BG. I decided I needed to take a more careful measurement of the pond - oops! I used a 100' tape carefully and plotted it on 1/4" graph paper. What had been 160' x 250' = 40,000 once I got carefule and took into account the curves is now in actuality 29,300 SF - only 2/3 of an acre. ewest I can make my fish supplier's cut of $150 for free delivery with 10 lb FH, 50 RES and 50 BG (to go along with what I expect to be 30 BG of my own including mature female in time for the spawn). That is about 2/3 of what I had. I will put in more if you think the 2/3 acre will support them all and help with predator growth and reproduction next year.

Next year will be a problem tho. To make the minimum of $150 I would need to have 50 LMB ($1.35), 25 HSB ($1.35), 50 YP ($.99) and 10 CC ($.59). If I cut the LMB back to 25 I will fall below minimum $.

Trying to build a food chain beginning with a lot of structure - pallets w/chicken wire, rocks, logs, blocks, culvert pipes. Is it possible to generate enough of the smaller stuff to support more predators? Or do I just need more time for my ecosystem to develop? I seem to remember a suggested quantity of 100 LMB to an acre.

Theo - re: the feeder. I am trying to keep maitenance to a minimum. I will stay open minded though as I am now down with a bad case of ponditis. Who knows where it will lead. Know anyone looking for some used golf clubs? Or would they as suggested make great structure?

BTW, I like turtles. Can I employ them in helping manage the fish population?

2/3 acre pond 12 miles from that big pond we call Lake Erie.