Leebass :

With those additional facts and assuming that water will not be a problem my thought would be to see what fish may be left when you finish enlarging the pond. The timing may be a bit tricky but to know how much to add and what sizes does depend in part on what will be left. How will the pond be enlarged? For example if the plan is to dig out the new part and then connect them you could start the new fish in the new part and then connect them. How long until you start and how long will it take to finish and get water. Think about those matters.

If you only have a few HBG left then I would not worry about them and would at the right time add the CNBG and other forage fish. Some RES would be a good idea. You can mix the 3 types of LMB (Fla., F-1 and Nort.) together with out a problem. That is what we have done. That way you have some of each and all % mixes in-between. If the right 2 fish spawn (a Fla and a Nort.) they will have F-1s. Assuming you will have a few Fla. left after the drawdown I would plan on adding mostly Norts. and a few F-1s and they may need to be 8in. fish. You may need to find some advanced fingerling CNBG (4-6in) as well as 2in. to avoid predation. Waterdogs are good as are frogs and crawfish. The HSB should be ok but the TShad will depend on your water having a bloom and some open deeper water. They will die with low 42 degree water which may or may not be a problem. There are other forage fish you could consider like GShiner , tilapia , FH etc.

Mike:

That does not surprise me as that is what a number of studies have shown wrt Fla. LMB in cold water.