If anyone cares...this morning the pond was back to the big green clumpies. I tried my - which worked- attachment to the interior of the mud pot. However, then I was left with a two inch intake end, have not figured out what would widen the intake area. I don't think the aquarium fiber in the leaf basket (between the hose areas) or the fiber in the leaf basket of the pump was very effective. Upon deciding that was not working I used expired barley hay in a pool net. That made enough surface area that the green would be nettable. It took all day, but I got it all. Now the water lookes exactly like it did before I applied the aluminum sulfate! Spent a lot of time sucking with one of those nets that enters fresh water and shoots the existing water into a net. That worked a little, but got stuff against the rock waterfall out into the open area. I don't know where I can find any more time to mess with this mess. All I wanted was a waterfall, not to be a biologist! No offence to you bossers but the temptation is to put in 45 lbs. of chlorine and say to heck with it!