Well this just might be my longest post ever. I cannot express in words what a great time I had. The only change I can suggest for future meetings around the globe is to make it two days. There was so much great info it takes two days to cover it all.

I don’t even know where to start with a recap. It was first great just to see the folks you chat with on the forum. Problem was I did not get to talk to them as much as I would have liked too. It was amazing the passion and knowledge in this room. I will tell you this I have been to 10 or more American Fisheries Society and Lake Society meetings, and I learned more about pond management in 2 hours here than all those meeting combined. Simply amazing!

Something pretty ironic. Remember one of our last talks about 4:45 regarding beavers. Well I missed a call at 4:50 when my guy called and left a message he had just pulled out a beaver from our traps a few hundred yds away at the upper end of the lake. I giant one at that. If I would have caught the call he could have brought it by the clubhouse. He estimates it weighed closed to 80 lbs and Phyllis is getting it mounted. Just had to share that.

The one thing I regret is the fact at the end a few folks wanted to see the shock boat in action. It was great having Davidson up there even to spite the cold wind. BUT When I was finished 30 mins later most everyone was gone. I did not get to say goodbye so here goes:

Deb- shot me an email and we can talk about what you mentioned. Yep folks we had a couple of fun jabs but got along great in public and had a good private conversation as well.

Big Jake- where is your pond? I thought Cuthbert if so I’m heading that way on the 13th. Let me know if you want to meet me. Great to see you.

Randy- give us a holler in the a few months. Look forward to seeing the lake.

Cary- thanks again for stopping by the house and I wish you the best in your business, get me that packet of info.

Ted- sorry I did not get you the attractors, you should have at least grabbed the one in the yard. Great talk!

Jersey- I wish you the best with the pond. Send me an email and I will help find you the pond builder list.

Eric- I said good bye but really a pleasure meeting you. I wanted to ask you a few things but ran out of time. I will pick your brain soon if you don’t mind. Thanks again for dinner.

Rick- let me know if you come to GA and I will join you for a turkey hunt. I might even get you on some good private land if we are lucky. The lake I shocked was in Eden, NC.

Johnny- Man great seeing you again. I spoke with Stan btw. Tell the wife I said hello.

Wayne- nice to meet you and your “banker” and hope the fertilizer works out.

Troy- start posting more and I need one of those maps back, please.

Otto- So sorry to not say goodbye. I wish you could have gotten in more time because I was soaking it up. Thanks for making the long trip.

David Pendergrass- good to meet you. BTW I just got home from meeting Kevin Krueger at his Dads lake house. When talking about their lake your name came up. Let me know if we can help with those catfish.

Bob- I never got you that food label. It was in my pocket. 44% protein, 18% fat and fish meal listed close to top of ingredients. Made in Andrews, NC. Great to meet you!

JB sorry you did not make it. You would have loved it. Same for you Big-Pond I hope the Superbowl turns out well for you in a couple of hours.

I could hardly sleep last night thanking about all the info we gathered and questions I never got to ask. Some may disagree but think it is a sign of a good meeting when you leave with more questions than answers, that is pond mgmt for you. Thanks everyone!
BTW we did not want to post the names but have everyone guess who is who in the pictures.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com