Hey thanks guys. I would appreciate it if those of you who are local to my aera (Hancock Cty. Sparta Ga.) would offer some phone numbers of the contractor you would recommend.

Big_Pond, I appreciate your and all's advice! So far I only have the quote for moving dirt from the NRCS and they said the going rates were about $2.00/yard. So far I have had 3 different contractors come out to look the site over but noone yet has come back with any quotes . So I have no idea where this will come in at. The other thing is the lake bed is already pretty open because the previous owner had heavy equipment and had alrerady cleared about 2/3 of the lake bed aera, where he himself had planned a pond. I am just following through with what he had planned to do and never got to having it built, so I hope to save some dozier time with a good bit of this already in place.

Big_Pond, ask your contractor if he would be interested in doing (bidding) a 2.85 lake in Hancock Cty, Sparta Ga. It looks like I may need to broaden my search for additional contractors!

The Corps have had the application for permit now for 2 weeks and I have heard nothing. You think I need to be on their phone ?

early riser

private property owner, wildlife manager.