Here's a couple pictures that my wife took of us yesterday. The boat is 10 feet long and cost $200 at a garage sale. It's about the best deal on a boat ever!!!!!

The water level is 16 inches down right now. It's still droping an inch a week, but we've been getting these little storms once or twice a week that drop a tenth to half an inch of rain. There's hardly any runoff from those showers, so it's just enough to slow down the evaporation.

A long time ago I asked about water lilies and what to choose. I had several replies, and I searched for others who also asked about them. From those suggested, I bought 8 Chromatella from www.waterplants.com for $11.50 each, plus shipping for a total of $106.

They are the entire plant wraped in newspaper with about a dozen full leaves on each, and more sprouting out. They look very healthy and I'm hopeful that they will grow. I have four underwater islands that are about 4 feet from the surface for just this reason. For me, the water lilies are more important then the fish. I just love them!!! The sides of the islands drop straight off to 8 feet or more of water. I'm hopeful that is deep enough to contain the lilies, and why I chose Chromatella. I also like the yellow flowers!!!! LOL

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.