I think that in a few years and you start getting some sediment and silt working it's way into your pond, the 20 foot depth will change on it's own. From what I've read, most fish will spend most of there time in the top 4 feet of water anyway. Have some good structure for them along the shorline down to 6 feet and you should be perfect.

Compaction with a dozer is very difficult because the tracks spread the load over a large area. It's not so much the size of the dozer, but the amount of preasure per square inch that you have. In my case, it's not very much. I have 24 inch tracks and they do a decent job of letting me float over soft material. For that reason, I build up material in lifts of just a few inches. Idealy a sheeps foot is what you need, but most dams are not built with one and it's rarely a problem. I don't think compaction for a dam is nearly as important as a building a home or road. If you got 90% on a dam, it would be fine, but you realy need to be at 98 to 99% for a house. That is a HUGE difference.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.