The dozer isn't very efficient at moving dirt very far. I have an 8 way blade on it, and it's better for digging and shaping. The manuel says it's rated for 3 yards, which can add up real quick, but not over any distance.

My dump truck is a 1983 Ford F-600 that can haul 6 yards at a time. It's cheaper to run than the dozer and can move the material allot faster!!

The problem with old equipment is it wears out, or is never maintained.

The truck has a 370 gas V8 that lasted me a year, but it's got nothing left. The clutch is also worn out and there are a dozen little problems with it that I've been dealing with.

My Dad is visiting me, so we decided to pull the engine and tranny. I put part of a chery picker on my bachoe bucket to pick it up, which works really well.

The pistons were much worse than I imagined. I think at one point, somebody put the wrong sized spark plugs in and they broke off in the combustion chamber. All the pistons had the same marks on them, but two were as bad as the picture.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.