Hello fellow Pondmeisters. I have a beautiful 3/4 acre pond. Last year I problably over stocked the pond with 100 LGB, 100 hybrid sriped bass, 150 channel cats, 400 hybrid blue gills. I fed the bastards religiously and they grew just like Forrest Gump said they would. With this i am pleased. i can't wait to start pulling some of the larger cats out this summer. It will remind me of my childhood in southern Indiana pulling out cats with small Johny Reb fishing poles and chicken liver until the wee hours of the morning. i probably will pull out about 5 pounds og bass and about 10 pounds of gills this summer as well out of fear of over population and attempting to keep a balance between forage fish and predator that I have read so much about on the site.

I am now considering revising the pond to be larger (1.5 acre perhaps) and I am curious if any have had experience on the thought process of pond revision? Do I need to drain the existing pond (i really would not like to do this)? Is it worth while or should just build a new pond and leave the original alone? Are the cost more to work with an exisitng pond ect. Any random thaoughts and thank you in advance if you post a reply.