One of the reasons I went with this type of drain is that I like the idea of pulling the water from the bottom of the lake.

I've been told, and it makes sense to me, that this will also take out some of the silt in that area. I doubt it will take very much, but no other method will pull any silt with it.

I haven't seen this addressed yet, but after the drain pipe was lying there, I started wondering about how to keep it from plugging up with other debri that settles to the bottom of the lake. It wouldn't take much to plug it up and make the entire thing useless.

After walking the isles at Lowes, I saw this plastic fence material. It's pretty heavy duty and solid plastic. NO RUST.

I built a tent shaped frame from 3/4 schedule 40 PVC and 30 T's. It's ten feet long and each side is three feet.

I have no idea of the volume it holds, but figure the two inch squares will keep out anything big enough to plug the pipe, but allow smaller stuff to pass through.

I also went with the tent design because I was afraid something heavy might settle on top of it and crush it. Now heavy stuff should slide downt he sides.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.