Well Ladies and gentlemen ice is pretty much gone for now here on the ponds in northern Indiana. And what ice is on the lakes is not safe. But it's not cold enough to form more good ice right now to walk on, but cold enough to freeze the guides in your pole and make open water fishing miserable.

What's a guy to do? How about screwing the iceshanty to the end of the 70 ft pier with the ice hole slots just over the side? Did it today and I'm ready to go. Used deck screws and washers to keep the wind from ripping the screws through the floor. I'm so happy to be able to fish out of the wind with the ice gear, I think I'll drive some more posts once the ice freezes good again and built a permanent dual ice shanty/storage shed this summer on the end of the pier complete with gas stove etc. etc. ! What do ya think? It's really not as flimsy as it looks as the part that is off the pier is not stood on anyway. I also have it sucured with a rope on the back so it can't go anywhere even if the screws got ripped out. I made sure it can't tear loose in the wind as going to the bottom in a ziplock bag sounds kinds of houdinis to me. \:D

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.