At Bill's admonition and Bruce's suggestion I have moved the following from the BG stunting up north thread and put an edited portion here here as a PB funny.

Theo Gallus
Member # 1187

Member Rated:
posted July 07, 2006 11:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.... pertinent factor for comparison with the "Northern" vs "Southern" differences us Easterners have.

Or, to quote Robert Duvall in Days of Thunder: "If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. If you're from California, you're not anything."

--------------------
Non carborundum illegitimatus!
(totus res in temperantia)

Bruce Condello
Member # 1379

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 10:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, let's briefly look at what fish are available to crop off excess bluegill YOY's in regards to region.

"Northern" predators

6. Homo Sapiens--Much more effective at controlling larger adult fish. Often humans will skew bluegill populations towards smaller adult fish

"Southern" predators

4. Homo Sapiens--Most southern anglers have absolutely no idea how to catch a bluegill...or anything for that matter. Have been known to spend hours trying to catch fish at their ponds only to realize they left their fishing equipment at home. Southern humans also tend to stunt. Researchers note that southern ponds are often completely surrounded by fisherman that rarely exceed three feet tall.

...ooops. Did I just say that out loud?
Posts: 1872 | From: Denton, NE | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged |

Dave Davidson1
Member # 2431

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 11:52 AM
Well said and unfortunately true,Bruce. You know, when I was a Kid, the average Texan went about 6'4" and had a really high IQ. Everybody was a great fisherman and a dead shot with any type of weapon. Then Northern immigration got underway and the inevitable bloodline mixing occurred. Now, we are a lot shorter and dumber.

I saw something in the newspaper the other day. The Texas State INS rooted out an undercover OKIE who had been passing as a resident for 20 years. He had been taking remedial schooling to prep for kindergarten. They tried to deport him but Oklahoma refused to take him back. Attempts to slip him into N.Mex, Arkansas and Louisiana also failed. Finally, some Liberal, non working, do gooders in Nebraska took him in. It is my understanding that the move raised the IQ level of both Texas and Nebraska.

--------------------
It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Posts: 657 | From: Hurst & Bowie, Texas | Registered: Jan 2006 | IP: Logged |

Theo Gallus
Member # 1187

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 01:40 PM
Attention Southern Anglers:

In exchange for safe passage from the M-D Line to Arlington and back next March, I will provide Bruce's room number.

--------------------

Posts: 2187 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged |

ewest
Member # 1798

posted July 08, 2006 02:34 PM
Bruce we must be good at attracting and catching Yankees because there are a bunch of them moving down here. BTW Neb is western not northern. Big difference. I here you guys and Colo. are good at attracting left coasters (Calif.) as they rent u-hauls and move out.

Theo no safe passage needed you guys are welcome anytime. We may not know how to catch fish but no one does a PB convention/meeting as well.

--------------------
Ichthyusiasts read Pond Boss Magazine

Sunil
Lunker
Member # 785

posted July 08, 2006 05:26 PM
I demand a North vs. South paintball battle as a side event during next years meeting.

Theo, don't be a turncoat! We'll take Condello & the other Nebraskans as Northerners. We also get all participants from Thailand.

Man.........We gonna mess you up!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

"If I don't see you no more on this world, I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late...........don't be late."

Posts: 1146 | From: Somerset, PA | Registered: Sep 2003 | IP: Logged |

Dave Davidson1
Member # 2431

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 06:01 PM
Guns or wrist rockets? I have both.

--------------------
It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Sunil
Lunker
Member # 785

posted July 08, 2006 09:13 PM
I said paintball Guvnor Davidson!! Not dueling!

--------------------
Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

"If I don't see you no more on this world, I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late...........don't be late."

Posts: 1146 | From: Somerset, PA | Registered: Sep 2003 | IP: Logged |

ewest
Member # 1798

posted July 08, 2006 10:05 PM
In the great southern tradition (like watermelon seed spiting and mullet tossing ) we can have a GSF chunking contest. See who can throw a wet 4 inch GSF the farthest.

--------------------
Ichthyusiasts read Pond Boss Magazine

Posts: 2189 | From: Miss. | Registered: Mar 2005 | IP: Logged |

Bruce Condello
Member # 1379

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 10:09 PM
...and a larval trawling tiebreaker.

dave in el dorado ca
Lunker
Member # 2716

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
DIED, I think the length of your growing season, particularly wrt pond water temps, would be the pertinent factor for comparison with the "Northern" vs "Southern" differences us Easterners have.

Or, to quote Robert Duvall in Days of Thunder: "If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. If you're from California, you're not anything."

couple of humurous jabs at CA....begs a quick reply.....theo and ewest.....all i'll say is i'll have little to do with the majority of people in S.F. or L.A. (i hope they break off during an earthquake), and the more folks that leave the state the better....please take more.

quote:
Originally posted by ewest:
In the great southern tradition (like watermelon seed spiting and mullet tossing ) we can have a GSF chunking contest. See who can throw a wet 4 inch GSF the farthest.

Mullet tossing? Up here, we tossed the mullet out years ago and have moved on to other bad haircuts.

------------------------------------------------

Theo I did not want to get further off topic so I added this edit. I was talking about the fish called mullet ( 6+ in long silver saltwater fish) not people with odd haircuts.

[ July 09, 2006, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: ewest ]

--------------------

Posts: 2187 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged |

Dave Davidson1
Member # 2431

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 10:50 PM
Sunil, I'm also talking about paintballs. I have a gun and a wristrocket that is is pretty mean at short ranges.

--------------------

Bill Cody
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 10:54 PM
Stay on the topic you guys.

Bruce Condello
Member # 1379

Member Rated:
posted July 08, 2006 11:14 PM
As far as staying on topic, Bill is right.

Deal?

Dave Davidson1
Member # 2431

Member Rated:
posted July 09, 2006 08:47 AM
Deal!

--------------------