Although my initial comments weren't directed entirely at Tournament Pro's I think the basic premise I am against is the same regardless of who does it. (I just expect better from so-called pro's and Professional establishment). If you want to take Bass or any other species off the spawning beds in your own private body of water as part of your management program or just for fun, that is one thing, but to do so in public waters where you are making a decision that may affect the enjoyment of said waters for a greater populace is wrong.

As for Tournament effects on fish populations. Even when the fish are all successfully released alive, whether they came off the spawning bed or not, relocating fish potentially miles away from where they were caught HAS to have some effect on the fishery. I know that one of my favourite lakes was a phenomenal bass fishery, top 5 in Ontario, UNTIL they started allowing tournaments, now it has dropped off the top 10 list. (I believe partly due to the fact the fish are released at the weigh-in boat ramp area which is 2+ miles up a river off the main lake.)

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!