Thanks for the replies guys. Guess it is what I thought, would be some diff in 2 cents.

The property I am looking at is this. About 70+ acres, rolling hills with hardwoods, and about 16 acres that is currently tillable. Has 1700LF of lakeshore on a lake of apprx. 50 acres and 18 to 20 ft of good depth over most , that has only one other land owner. (he owns the other 3/4 of the lakeshore). Thing is this other land owner is also one of the biggest bait shops up here and has it permitted to raise and harvest white suckers. So until the day I can buy the rest of the land around the lake... I can only dream of that one.

There are two small watering holes (wetland? but no vegitation) for horses that are basicly dry/muddy right now. That I would like to clean out and be my first projects, they would end up being about 1/3 acres. They are surrounded by hills, with big watersheds. I would think a bobcat could handle this task pretty well. Remove the dirt from the pond. Bring it out of the hole and spreed it to make a more level area around the ponds.

My next project would be about a 3 acre pond, that would be at the bottom of a valley, which eventually runs into a nonprotected wetland area in the neighbors property. I am not sure I would get a permit to build this or not. I would think I would because the overflow would still go to the wetland, and there will still be plenty of runoff for the wetland from other areas. I do think I would hire the main tasks for this project, but would still be nice to have a skidsteer to do the final leveling, shaping and landscaping.

Well, I think I am going to pull the trigger on this property today, am at the offer, counter, and I could accept this, just gonna change one item to make the process go a little smoother.

Anyways, ready to dive in head first. Looking forward to further tapping your knowledge and support.

_ ________________________________________ _
Hi Honey I'm home... Is my new issue of Pond Boss here?