Thanks for all the feedback.

ML The backside of the large island will be 22' at full level. The bails are haygraizer, simular to barley straw, I feel should hold together a few years??? They are mostly in 6-10'. I was trying to break up Lusk's "Sahara desert" on that side of the pond. I will watch for cat-tails. I've done a few other ponds and learned from my mistakes! Frankly, I have spent many hours on this sight, if Lusk, McDonald, Matson, McComas, Otto, or Scott have written or recorded it, I've probably seen it! Many great contributions here and too numerous to thank all! I have learned that 'shoreline'is very important in a bass pond, hence the islands and peninsulas. Several friends have sunk auto bodies and use a pear burner to clean paint plastics etc... before submerging. Be sure to drain all fluids first. Jon Herrmann has stocked a couple other ponds. He works well with me.

Matt and Theo, need a 5-6" hard rain and yes, this is my "Bass" pond. Crappie are on my mind.

Rmedgar, lol

ceadmir, It took me several trys to get to here.

ewest, Received 40 tons of 3/4-inch -1.5 gravel and made 3 beds 2.5-8'. Have a pier, bridge and boathouse in the works. 6 pictures from the end, looking through the trees, the cove to left will be for grandkids. Sand ordered and a soft slope to 4'. Additional 40 tons 3-5" rock to line spillway and a couple erosion prone spots. Note: we loaded trucks with 1.5" on sides and 3/4 gravel in middle. When we dumped it lined the larger on outside and the gravel in the middle. Should hold together well.

Thanks
al

ps Question... Anyone have thoughts on stocking bgs fatheads bass from DIFFERENT hatcheries? Wonder if mixing is better? Works well with my deer.