I don't think you are "biting off more than you can chew". The main thing to realize with a pond that far away is the need for aeration and a good check on water quality . Do you have a power source out there? If so then stay with the aerator and BOM feeder, also you might want to set up a Stren feeder on the bank that you could program to feed each day since you won't be around. If this is not a possibility then we do need to adjust numbers accordingly.

I know my recommendations fly in the face of everything else here, but we found in the early years with this fish that GG's grow quicker when stocked heavier. They are terribly aggressive when it comes to feeding (like steriod induced), so to do an accurate field test you need to follow our plan pretty close. As for water quality you need to refer to Cody, Lusk, and the many others who have been working water chemistry for years. I have stated many times this is not my specialty, and I still sit on the fence with what to use and not use.

What are the expectations? Stock as I recommend (fish, equipment, and dye) and you should be looking at 1 to 1 1/2 pounders by the end of next summer. This is not unreasonable at all.

I plan to have my truck over in that area the week of November 14th, so if that isn't pushing you too much we need to get going on this. I will give you all my numbers (home included) so you can keep in contact with me anytime you need to should you have question. I don't do sales so this is not a pitch for commission. I am really looking forward to this project.

Call me at the office if you need to chat!

Deb

PS- Meadowlark I feel like I have been accepted as part of this family so my plan is to take care of all of you to the best that I can. Have no concerns \:\) !

Do fish actually kiss?