Thanks everyone,

ML, I agree, smaller is better in this case. I need to read your comments on Crappie vs. GG, I am a big fan of Crappie but have shied away due to the ongoing management issues.

Deb,

I need to think through a couple of issues:

1. I live 2 hours away from my property. Am I biting off more than I can effectively manage? I make it down to "check on things" 2 - 4 times per month average. I am a concerned that with the stocking plan, feeding requirements and full time aeration could present a maintenance problem - if so, what plan should we pursue for me?

2. Given an agreed plan. What are the expectations for this test? IE - What is going to a realistic goal for these fish?

3. Since my contractor is enlarging my pond this week, I need to measure it to confirm the size (after he is finished), this may affect your recommended stocking plan.

4. Do we need a control group?...Any volunteers? :p

FYI, I will be restocking my big pond with CNBG this fall - it will be fun to compare/contrast the results with the PB GG Test Pond.

5. Removing the LMB in NO problem, I have caught her several times…she will make a nice addition to my larger pond.

Gator

P.S. Dudley and Robinson - I gots to keep the wife...shes a keeper and she loves fish! \:D

- Smoke 'em if you got 'em

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]