Okay all...it's time for me to chime in. I want everyone to keep in mind what Pond Boss has been preaching since its inception, and what I have been teaching and practicing for 26 years. First, greetings to Deb. But, we aware, this site is to dispense information, not to sell your wares. We pay for this site, and it's designed to benefit our subscribers, and those who post. So, when you start passing out catalogs and selling your wares, please understand our philosophies.
First, when you give out advice that doesn't jibe with what these guys know, they will blast off. The stocking rates mentioned in the thread are way out of line with what we recommend. While some of them 'do no harm, others do. We don't condone, or recommend, a wholesale stocking such as what you recommend. Our concept, which works quite well, is to give the best advice, based on the goals of that particular landowner and the resources he has to manage, such as pond geography, budget, timeline, etc. These guys and gals who post this site are educated people and won't buy into the big numbers you guys recommend. We understand most ponds, with a moderate degree of management, grow 60-80 pounds of largemouth bass per surface acre, and will support as much as 300-500 pounds of forage fish per acre at any given time. With respect, these guys know if they stock 600 largemouth bass per acre, 550 will be eaten by faster growing brothers and sisters. Therefore, these folks understand they are buying way too many fish in the beginning. While it basically does no harm to the pond, it does great harm to one's back pocket, and sends the seller's credibility backward a notch or two. Don't misunderstand this, anyone. I am a capitalist, forging a living in the pond management and stocking business my entire adult life. I do believe in profit. But, I also believe it's incumbent on the pros to pass out the best advice and keep the client's desires first. That's Pond Boss' philosophy. So, let's give solid advice, based on the goals of the landowner, and keep the selling where it belongs. Everyone is welcome to give advice. Paying advertisers are welcome to sell..via an ad in the magazine.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...