ML :

Pat mentioned several problems ided by his report including catchability only after it was raised and discussed by us. Most of Pat's problems like alka. and stunting are routinely fixable in the normal course of pond management especially by people like SE Pond Mgt.

You and I and many others on the forum are all about helping one another and others with pond mgt. no matter what the knowledge level. The tenor of Pat's post ,in addition to seeking info or help with his report ,is one of uncertainty , and discouragement. My approach to this is to encourage learning, to provide info , to help people along the journey and to give them hope that they can achieve their goals.

Being adequately fixed is a matter of perspective. While you and I seek perfection in our ponds others are happy with far less. Please note that I did not say that any fix to catchability was easy or quick, only that it required info ,work and time. Catachability can be improved that is clear. How to do it is a different question. Methods have been discussed and we are both are trying some. How much it has to improve to be judged a fix and to make Pat happy is unknown. Notice that I did not say the "bass" could be fixed but that the "problem" could. In the end if Pat is not satisfied with his catchability he can shock out the LMB and replace them with HSB, catfish, triploid LMB {yes they exist},female only LMB or some other combo ,which is after all another way to fix the problem .

The important point here is for Pat to continue his journy and not to just throw up his hands in disgust and give up because we , no matter how well intentioned , have alarmed him with our LMB catchability concerns. \:\) \:\) \:\) ewest

ps: worry is an invidious emotion that
IMHO reduces your lifespan and serves no
useful purpose. so don't worry.