Quote:
Originally posted by JayMan:
...there will be no supplemental feeding. I am hoping that since they will be hustling for food they will remain aggressive.
JayMan,

Great analysis, in my opinion. Right on target...where were you when I was bombarded herein for saying hungry bass are more aggressive than well (artificially) fed bass? \:\)

I really don't have a big fear of LMB overpopulation in this kind of pond. The more hungry they are, the more the kids will catch and that's what its all about.

This same pond, several years ago, before I became a "smart" pond manager and screwed it all up, would produce 15 to 20 small LMB without any problem in any given session. They were all small and thin but hungry and would take anything put in front of them...perfect for Kid's fishing; heck, I even enjoyed it until I was told that I wasn't supposed to enjoy catching thin aggressive native bass, but rather artificially fed large Florida bass that can not be caught. \:\) Bigger is always better, you know.

Thanks for the post...can't wait to see the expression of the first Kid's face that catches one of those Rio's. That will be fun.